I use Firefox and a couple of powerful add-ons that make my life as a website owner easier.
These are my five most valuable add-ons:
Absolutely stunning add-on. Among a lot of other things, this add-on allows you to:
- test CSS and HTML ‘on the fly’ without really changing anything,
- outline frames, headings, links, tables and block elements
- handle cookies
- manage forms
- find missing graphics, display graphic file sizes and dimensions, paths, in short handle all kind of image information
- display detailed page info
- validate all kind of information
- and much more
This is the add-on I use most.
Of course, after creating pages or a full site, I always check if other browsers display the data well. But if there are any errors, I’ll find them with this one.
This one shows all kind of information about the site/pages listed in search engine result pages.
No need to click through to see what Pagerank a certain page has, or the number of indexed pages in Google, Yahoo or Live Search, whether the page has already been submitted to the main social networks and things like that.
Comes with an option toolbar and settings can be adjusted to your wished.
Makes search engine research a lot easier.
3. HTML Validator
Admitted, I’m a freak when it comes to writing clean code. And although sometimes it’s not possible to write error-free code, this Belgian add-on makes it easy to eliminate most of them.
Errors and warnings are generated by Tidy, originally developed by the W3C.
This add-on lets you download all the links or images contained in a webpage and much more: you can refine your downloads by fully customizable criteria to get only what you really want.
It features an advanced accelerator that increases speed up to 400%, it allows you to pause and resume downloads at any time.
Protects your logins on all websites.
KeyScrambler defeats keyloggers by encrypting your keystrokes at the keyboard driver level, deep within the operating system. When the encrypted keystrokes reach your browser, KeyScrambler then decrypts them so you see exactly the keys you’ve typed. Keyloggers can only record the encrypted keys, which are completely indecipherable.
Ok, since there are so many valuable add-ons, here’s an extra one:
6. Stumble Upon
Stumble Upon is fighting with Google to be my number one traffic source. I use this add-on frequently whenever I search the Net for interesting information. Thus I can add favorites very quickly.
Try it and if you log in at Stumble Upon, come and say ‘hello’, add me as a friend and review my site. 🙂
As said above, there are many valuable add-ons.
Use the comments to tell me which ones you use or are important to you.
Share this post using these icons:
- How To Become Successful Fast In 2008
- Affiliate Link Cloaking Software?
- One Of The Most Stunning Marketing Strategies Ever Seen
- Free CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) Template
- How To Create Your Own Blog In Three Minutes (Or Less!)
- Shorten URL’s, Hide Affiliate Links And Track Referrers
- 7 Great Tools For Web Design and Development
- A Budget Marketer’s Guide to More Efficient Data Organization
- SEO and Website Design
- Cost of smartphone app development