According to their own website, Yahoo Answers is a ‘knowledge-sharing community’.
The most remarkable element of Yahoo Answers is that the knowledge is compiled randomly.
If one of the members has a burning question she can post it on Yahoo Answers and wait for other members to come in and provide answers, no matter what topic.
That makes Yahoo Answers multi-usable, because you can ask questions about, for example, your new product before you build it and expect some interesting answers from potential buyers.
And of course you can browse the knowledge base for interesting answers on other questions and other topics you may have.
But we’re going to use this knowledge community to drive traffic to our sites.
You can achieve that by providing answers to questions on topics you consider yourself expert on and have your answer compete with others as being the best.
Because the best answer will get the most exposure inside the topic at hand and very good answers are occasionally featured on the Yahoo! Answers Blog. Which brings in even more website traffic!
In order to use Yahoo Answers to drive traffic to your site, here are 8 great tips.
- Check your spelling and grammar before posting the answer. Mistakes in spelling can be embarrassing and people will question your answers when this happens.
- If you don’t know the answer, do not pretend to. People can smell a liar a mile away, so answer honestly and only the things you know about.
- Try not to sound as if you’re chatting. Instead, use concise, informative language that gives them a straight answer without all of the filler.
- Do not answer politically motivated questions unless you’re promoting a political website. Otherwise, you could lose potential customers who disagree with your views.
- You do not have to only link to your website; link to your Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, or other page as well, since it will also ultimately lead people back to your contact information and home page.
- New answers to questions can be posted through RSS sign up, so use that for your questions and see what other people are saying. It’s a good way to see what the competition or other users are saying.
- As things change, make sure your questions change as well. In other words, current events related or technology related questions might need some updating later on as new information emerges.
- Although some answers require a link to other retailers or online stores, as a business it’s not a good idea to lead people to anywhere other than your website, or sites that relate to your business niche.
There you have ‘em! Eight Yahoo Answers traffic tips.
But that’s not all. I even have another 40 of these tips to generate more traffic from this knowledge community site.
You can get all 50 by just subscribing to my newsletter. After you’ve confirmed your subscription, you can download all 50 of these Yahoo Answers traffic tactics.
If you’re not familiar with Yahoo Answers, these tactics will short-cut your success! Implement any of these tactics to see bigger results!
After reading these 50 Yahoo Answers traffic tactics let me know what you think about them.
Post your comments below.
Share this post using these icons:
- How to Create Content Marketing Strategy for Better Engagement on Social Media
- Using social media to spice up your SEO campaigns
- 5 Unique Ways For Social Media Managers to Save Time
- Top 9 Content Discovery & Curation Tools to Manage Social Media
- 6 Tips In Using Your Social Media Networks To Promote Your Business
- Does social media really help my business to grow?
- How to Share Content on Facebook
- Understanding Social Signals To Influence Your SEO
- 5 Ways to Streamline Your Social Media Business Efforts
- Facebook Local Search Tool Can Boost Your Business Activity