If you create online content, your writing voice is one of your most important assets.
Because it stimulates your readers to continue reading as they like what they see.
A writing voice may be defined as a way of writing that communicates a unique and distinctive personality.
You know, the sort of writing that you are dying to read and desire to receive.
That is in sharp contrast with the tremendous amount of content that is solely based on keywords or even automated content, generated or spinned by software. The purpose of such content is simply and solely based on playing the seo game.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with keyword research to enhance the chance of getting ranked high in the search engines and adding these keywords to your content. That’s what I always do when writing content.
And I occasionally DO use other peoples content (in the form of Private Label rights) to get ideas and write my content, but I always REWRITE it in my own voice.
I may not have that much of a writing voice, but at least it’s my own.
Photo Credit: Beverly & Pack
In most of my writing, I’m using my own words to express my personal experiences.
And I often try to add something valuable -whether paid or free- that my readers can get and implement right away to improve their business, even if it’s just a tiny bit.
That’s exactly what I’m trying to do here.
Read on, it gets interesting now.
If so, I have a GREAT report for you and you can keep your wallet in your pocket, cause it’s free!
It shows you how to find and develop your own writing voice. And it’s written by no one else than straight shooter and writing expert Paul Myers, so it’s very valuable.
Inside is great advice on how to find and develop your own writing tone. 23 Pages packed with valuable information that you can apply immediately.
– the elements of writing voice explained;
– the difference between voice and style;
– how exactly to write like you talk;
– finding the right place to make contacts;
– 7 categories of communication that just about everyone uses;
– three simple exercises that will improve your writing voice.
It’s a great and quick read, so download your free Writing Voice Report to improve your writing and bind your subscribers.
Then, after reading this great report, tell me what you think about it.
Can you improve your writing voice?
Post your comments below.
Share this post using these icons:
- Are you really that boring? Part 7
- Are you really that boring? Part 6
- Are you really that boring? Part 5
- Are you really that boring? Part 4
- Are you really that boring? Part 3
- Are you really that boring? Part 2
- How long should my newsletter or article be?
- Email Marketing: My Top 13 Killer Email Marketing Secrets
- 5 Security Tips for Email Marketing
- Emotions to Tap When Writing For Brands