Some people have asked me how to build a membership site using WordPress for content management.
And my answer usually is to buy a membership script (like Amember) and put WordPress inside.
But now there’s a new player in town, a WordPress Membership Plugin (link deleted, not working anymore).
I haven’t tried this one, but it looks promising and flexible. The only thing I’m missing in the feature list is PayPal IPN checking. I absolutely would like to have that incorporated if I targeted the IM market.
For the rest it’s worth trying.
Although you’d better have a good reason to create such a membership.
These days they’re popping up like popcorn at the cinema and most of them will not be successful. That’s because they aren’t able to create a great community.
I found a great article about that topic and if you consider setting up a membership site (or a forum), check out The Art of Creating a Community by Guy Kawasaki.
But IF you have a good reason to build a membership site, check out the plugin.
And if you already have used it, please let me know your opinion about it. I’m curious about this one.
Check it out and let me know your thoughts.
The WordPress Membership Plugin has been moved to new website (link deleted, not working anymore)
Share this post using these icons:
- A Budget Marketer’s Guide to More Efficient Data Organization
- Cost of smartphone app development
- Top 5 Marketing Automation Tools You Should Be Aware of
- Invoicing Made Easy: Collect Your Money Faster Than Ever with Invoicing Software
- 4 Basic Steps for Setting Up a Shopping Cart on Your Website
- Using Your Own E-Commerce Services To Have More Control
- The Coolest Tech Tools for Your Small Business
- 5 Free small business resources every owner should use
- Website Speed Test: faster than 97% of all tested websites
- Facial Recognition Software and How Marketers Can Utilize It