Working from your own home sounds like an ideal situation to many, many people. There are numerous of disgruntled individuals who would like to quit their jobs and plunge head-first into an Internet business without any preparation, no education, no hope of success and absolutely zero knowledge of what they are doing.
Failure is their only option. Because any online presence IS a business!
Image Credit: dbking
According to many sources, more than 90% (NINETY!) of all Internet business start-ups end in failure within the first 120 days.
For some part, the Internet marketing and advertising hype is to blame for that.
The promises in that niche are so exuberant, that the same people who wouldn’t daydream of beginning a brick and mortar business, think they can make it in an Internet business even though they don’t know how to do that.
But it’s not only IM that has to be blamed. People just setup a website with the idea in mind that they no longer have to work.
They think they can simply work when the feel like it and still make a good living.
They simply do not expect to have to work hard or work long hours.
They don’t prepare!
Naturally, success is possible. There’s that other 10% that do bring home the bacon.
The point is: success doesn’t take place by accident. Even if you only want to setup a personal site, you still should consider your steps very well. After all, even then you have a goal to achieve, don’t you? And that certainly applies to any home business site.
So, what does it take to be successful online?
Right perceptions about the Internet
Success happens because of some very important elements, like having proper ideas about internet marketing and how it functions. You can’t get rich quick or be capable to make a million over night to retire to a tropical paradise.
Running a prosperous internet business of any kind calls for self-discipline, persistence and common sense. Although you can automate many parts, online businesses don’t run on automatic pilot. Admittedly well established internet marketing experts do not have to commit long, dull hours on their businesses but it’s a prerogative garnered by injecting numerous long and tedious hours earlier.
It didn’t come about overnight for them and -with some exceptions- it won’t take place over night for anybody. Most people are totally unprepared for the time investment that must be made in order for an internet business to become successful. Because an Internet business IS a business!
All businesses have two mutual elements. They are BUSINESSES and they must be run like businesses! The people who are in charge of a business need to understand the accepted practices of business.
They need to understand simple and basic ideas like acceptable over-head expenses in relation to projected income. Internet entrepreneurs need to understand profit and loss and what constitutes each.
Now, that doesn’t mean you got to have a college degree in business to be a successful Internet entrepreneur. But some basic business knowledge is absolutely vital.
If balancing your personal check book is a problem for you, then it may be wise to keep your day job and forget about beginning an internet business.
If you have no business background you need at least to get some good business advice before you even consider starting an online business.
You must have sufficient resources available to not only launch your business but provide for your own personal needs for an extended period of time. It’s called ‘capital’ and there is no way around the need for enough of it.
The Right Mindset!
The word ‘attitude’ is an crucial one while talking about internet business start-ups. An effective attitude… a good mindset can’t guarantee success but a bad attitude and a bad mindset can certainly guarantee failure.
Here are some attitudes that you’ll definitely need:
- You have to anticipate to inject many long and really boring hours of very hard work to get a new internet endeavour succeed.
- It’s really do-able to make a very prosperous living with online enterprises only whenever anyone ever tells you it’s quick or easy, they’re lying to you.
- All business principles that apply to real world business likewise apply to cyberspace business. It’s imperative that you have a program for success that is founded upon these sound business principles.
- You are your boss. Whenever you aren’t a good boss who ascertains that work is completed punctual and in full, you will condemn yourself to sure failure. Unless you are a boss who sets up a working schedule and establishes goals that must be met, you will find yourself working at a job under a boss who does do those things and maybe for minimum wage.
Always remember this:
An online presence IS a business.
You can do it part time,
you can do it taking little steps,
you can do it with others,
you can take (many) different routes,
but it always IS a business.
SET your business goals. If you need help with that, use your email address to sign up for my updates and you’ll get a copy of “A Simple System to Achieve Your Online Business Goals“, a powerful, yet simple system taken from an expensive business course.
Do you agree with everything written here?
Or do you have comments? If so, post them below.
Share this post using these icons:
- How To Win In Content Marketing The Way Trump Did
- Why Brand Style Guides Are Important
- How to Do Curation Effectively and Easily
- Security Tips for Internet Marketing
- 5 Cogent Frequently Asked Questions About The Post Script
- SEO on the Go: How to Get Ready for the Google Mobile Friendly Update
- 3 Ways to Force Google to Reindex Pages for Mobile Friendly Tags
- The Top 4 C’s of Potent Content Marketing
- 3 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Your Ideal Audience Yet
- How to Use the Power of Webrooming for Your Retail Business