The Adsense terms outline, that you can place a maximum of three ad units on each page along with a maximum of two Google AdSense search boxes and a single link unit.
In addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units, you can also include two referral units from each referral product.
You should be very careful not to overload your page with more ads than high value content. You should attempt to create a nice balance that allows you to perfectly intermingle
your ads in with your content. You’ll soon notice that this will help increment your click through rate.
According to some tests that Google has run, horizontal ads in general work better than vertical ones. The reason behind that is that the eye is more accustomed to reading horizontally and therefore is more expected to be acquainted with this layout.
It has also been advised that bigger rectangular ads that read horizontally will get a higher click rates.
Testing and comparing your results is the very best way for you to determine which ad format will work best on your web site.
I would be very careful about this, but if you, after putting three ad block units on your page, still want more you can also add one of Google’s link units
If your visitors clicks these small blocks of links, they will take them to a page of ads that are related to the topic of your web site in the same way that the common text ads do.
Links units have a wonderful feature. They look much as navigation links and can easily mix in with your web page design. This will give your visitors the feeling that they’re clicking through a link on your page instead of an ad.
Stay tuned for another Adsense tip soon!
Share this post using these icons:
- 7 Google Adsense Revenue Improvements for Your Site
- Google Adsense: Monetize your blog effectively, choose your ads wisely
- 5 Strange Things Google AdSense Has Done This Year
- Making Money from Google Adsense – Monetizing Your Site
- Optimizing Your Keyword – Adsense Help: Section Targeting
- 6 Ways To Improve Your Adsense Profits
- How Do Your Adsense Ads Look Like? Adsense Tips 7
- How To Select The Right Keywords – Adsense Tips 6
- Targeting Keywords – Adsense Quick Tips 5
- Serve Your Visitors And Make Money – Adsense Quick Tips 4