Nowadays, many businesses are using webinars to share information, as well as promote their goods and services.
A webinar is basically a virtual seminar which is held online, thus allowing anyone from around the world to attend.
Some of the benefits of using webinars as marketing tools are:
- They are easy to set up.
- Contact details of participants can be retained for follow-up.
- You can respond to queries both during and after the event.
- You can opt to use video, audio, slideshow or a blend of these.
- Compared to other marketing activities, the cost of webinars is relatively low.
The following are some of the ways in which a webinar can be used to promote a business:
- Basic question and answer session
- ‘How-to’ presentation
- Story telling
- Presentation of industry trends and statistics
- A live demonstration of how a product works
A well-presented webinar will not only build your brand, but also enhance your sales.
However, a poorly executed event might have adverse effects on your brand, as well as the reputation your business.
Here are some tips which will help you use webinars effectively for business.
- Select a subject which will interest your audience
To grab the attention of participants, don’t just focus on your business. Make sure the webinar offers useful and practical advice which would be valuable to your audience.
For example, if you offer SEO solutions, don’t just promote your services. Instead, you could present a webinar on a subject like ‘How to deal with Google algorithm changes’. If the presentation is helpful, participants are likely to use your tips to solve their SEO problems.
However, if they lack the technical expertise, they are likely to hire your services.
- Promote the webinar
You should begin creating a buzz about your upcoming webinar through social media and email several weeks before it is due to happen. Allow people to pre-register as early as possible, and then use the contact details provided for follow-up.
One week prior to the event, you could send a reminder to registered participants.
A final notification can be sent one day before the event is held.
- Get familiar with the software
In case you are new to hosting webinars, you need to take time to get conversant with the software which you intend to use.
Some of the most popular webinar services include Live Meeting and Gotowebinar. Each of these webinar companies offers online training manuals which show you how to use their products in an optimal way.
- Practice, practice, practice
Before the actual presentation, you need to take time to practice and even record a sample presentation.
Check the timing of your presentation and confirm if the audio is working well. Show a few business associates the sample presentation and ask them to share their opinion.
Photo Credit: koka_sexton
Take time to think about how you will answer questions that participants are likely to ask. Proper preparation will enable you to be more confident during the actual event.
- Follow up
Follow up after every event is very important to determine the effectiveness of your efforts.
Get in touch with the participants and find out if their needs were met. You could consider collecting feedback through a poll. This information will help you see how future events can be modified so as to meet the needs of participants better.
In addition, you could also poll individuals who registered for the webinar but did not attend to find out what can be improved in future.
What’s your experience with webinars?
Post your comments below.
Share this post using these icons:
- Why I’m Sad and You Can Be Happy!
- JV Alert Live Now Live on UStream!
- Internet Marketing – 7 Hours Of DVD training!
- Why You Should Blog and The Main Obstacle
- Time To Show Your Internet Marketing Skills
- Want To Team Up With Willie Crawford?
- Can We Make $50,000 Tomorrow?
- Dr. Mani’s Mini Blogathon
- Birthday Firesale. Celebrate with me?
- Join The Internet Marketing Expert Group