Today’s post is a contribution of Joanne Mason.
Joanne is an Internet Marketing Consultant and the author of many articles and several ebooks.
After more than a decade online she enjoys helping people discover the joy of building a successful online business.
Enjoy Joanne’s article. Here goes.
Ten Internet Marketing Lessons My Grandmother Taught Me
During my childhood up until the age of about 13 my grandmother was a central figure in my life. I grew up in a single parent home and my grandmother was always there to assist with rearing, providing for and nurturing me.
Her strong influence has helped to mold me into the person that I am today. Her presence in my life is still felt daily. Today, like almost every day of my life, I thought about her a lot.
Today I fondly remembered many of the colorful phrases or adages that my grandmother often used. Strangely, I now see a correlation in many of my grandmother’s wise old sayings to internet marketing.
Although she passed away nearly thirty years ago, long before the dawn of internet marketing, I can still use the lessons that my grandmother taught me and use them as words of wisdom in governing my online business.
If you’ve ever had anyone in your life use creative language like my grandmother then chances are that you’ll relate to these sage lessons. Just in case, you don’t have a clue what my grandmother was talking about, I’ll translate them into modern internet marketing terms that you’ll more easily understand.
- Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket – Create multiple streams of income
- Procrastination is a thief of time – self explanatory
- Birds of a feather flock together – you will be judged according to your associates
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew – learn proper time management skills
- Kill two birds with one stone – build your list and make money at the same time
- Two heads are better than one – you need a JV partner
- What goes around comes around – the law of attraction
- Do unto others as you’ll have them do unto you – also self explanatory
- If you lie down with dogs you’ll get up with fleas – reminder, you will be judged according to your associates
- The early bird gets the worm – launch your product before anyone else
I hope this article gives you a lighter look at internet marketing and maybe you eve had a laugh or too. Maybe you’ll also see the parallels in the lessons that you learned long ago and how they can be applied to your business today.
Share this post using these icons:
- How To Win In Content Marketing The Way Trump Did
- Why Brand Style Guides Are Important
- How to Do Curation Effectively and Easily
- Security Tips for Internet Marketing
- 5 Cogent Frequently Asked Questions About The Post Script
- SEO on the Go: How to Get Ready for the Google Mobile Friendly Update
- 3 Ways to Force Google to Reindex Pages for Mobile Friendly Tags
- The Top 4 C’s of Potent Content Marketing
- 3 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Your Ideal Audience Yet
- How to Use the Power of Webrooming for Your Retail Business