Stumble Upon is a Web2.0 community site that allows its users to discover and/or submit and rate Web pages, photos, and videos.
Stumble Upon lets you, simply by clicking a “Stumble” button in their toolbar, surf random sites by topic, recommended by your friends who ‘tag’ their favorite sites.
The latter makes StumbleUpon a social bookmark site.
When you Stumble, you will only see pages recommended by friends and like-minded stumblers. Thus you can find great content quite different from using search engines.
Using Stumble Upon can deliver a great deal of web traffic, provided you use this site well.
Therefore I’ve listed 8 traffic tactics below.
- Make sure your website is up to par. Since people will be “stumbling upon” your site, you want to make sure it looks good as soon as they click on the link.
- Just like Twitter, StumbleUpon is a social networking website, so be sure to get as many contacts and networking friends as possible.
- Complete your profile as thoroughly as possible before linking. This way, when people click on your information, they get an idea of who you are or who your business is.
- Make sure you comment on other peoples’ pages and review them as well. This shows you’re an active user who cares about what others are saying.
- Tag the most essential elements. Stumble Upon uses tags, which are a lot like keywords. Be sure to tag your site using the most effective, power packing tags possible. Try to pick nouns and use ones that will pique peoples’ interest immediately. While you must use one topic on the site, you can use multiple tags and change them up as needed.
- Decide right away that you’re going to be an important part of the Stumble Upon web community, and then stick with it. Feeble posters or people who are fly by night are easy to detect, and most people will stay away from that.
- Think about your target audience. Then, create customized content just for them. By putting information out there that caters to your audience and your customer base, you will get solid followers who should turn into sales or referrals.
- Make sure the people who stumble end up being regular visitors or customers. You can do this by adding an RSS button at the bottom of our page, an email subscription link, or any other method that will bring interested people in even closer.
There you have it. Eight quick tips for Stumble Upon traffic.
And if you want to connect, just subscribe HERE and give me a Stumble.
But that’s not all. I even have another 40 tips to generate more traffic from this outstanding social bookmarking site.
You can get all 50 by just subscribing to my newsletter. After you’ve confirmed your subscription, you can download all 50 StumbleUpon traffic tactics.
If you’re not familiar with StumbleUpon, these tactics will short-cut your success! Implement any of these tactics to see bigger results!
After reading these 50 high-powered StumbleUpon traffic tactics let me know what you think about them.
Post your comments below.
Share this post using these icons:
- A Quick Guide to IGTV [Infographic]
- How to Create Content Marketing Strategy for Better Engagement on Social Media
- Using social media to spice up your SEO campaigns
- 5 Unique Ways For Social Media Managers to Save Time
- Top 9 Content Discovery & Curation Tools to Manage Social Media
- 6 Tips In Using Your Social Media Networks To Promote Your Business
- Does social media really help my business to grow?
- How to Share Content on Facebook
- Understanding Social Signals To Influence Your SEO
- 5 Ways to Streamline Your Social Media Business Efforts