With the recent changes in SEO, social signals are an essential component to increasing website traffic and ultimately revenue. Social Media has emerged as a preferred media not only among its user, but in the sight of search engines as well. Social media is great source of customer feedback and it is the most favorable way for businesses to rank at the top of search engine.
Social media offers webmasters and SEO’s an exceptional opportunity to directly connect with their clientele, building brand loyalty and increasing their online visibility. As compared to traditional ranking factors, this new process contribute highly in the success (or failure) of a business.
How Social Signals Are Defined
They are an indication of customers feedbacks that people generate in the form of votes, shares, pins, re-tweet or views that they place on Google Plus, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or other social media sites.
These signals also notify your brand reputation among consumers. Having a great reputation among people on social media improves your SERP ranking considerably. They are viewed as trusted “recommendations” by search engines.
Social Shares or Traditional Links
For years, traditional SEO tactics such as keywords, right anchor text links and backlinks play a vital role in determining SERP ranking. However, in the light of recent Google’s updates and new webmaster guidelines, traditional SEO strategies are no longer as helpful as they were previously in getting SERP rankings. Now the more emphasis is on site’s content and people’s feedback which to an extent is determined by social signal. In coming months social signals are going to affect SERP ranking highly.
Photo Credit: bmann
What Actually Social Signals Do?
- More signals means more votes.
- A gaggle of Facebook likes or Twitter re-tweets won’t solely push you to the top of the SERPs, but they will certainly help.
- Google continuously prefers websites for their social signals. In fact, they are always in the top ranking factors.
- Google uses social to get a better idea of what people talk about and value.
- These signals helps in creating more repeat visits and reduces bounce rates as well.
- Voting, sharing and liking web pages may eventually begin to surpass backlinks. Socialsignals improve brand band visibility and generate new inbound links and produce a “tag team” effect to achieve higher SERP rankings.
Why Social Signals are going to get bigger in Search Rankings
The first and foremost reason is the increasing use of social media to share information. Also, people now mostly communication and share information through social media. Thus, social signs are the expected outcome of this communication shift.
Now people tend to visit particular website not because they are ranking high in SERP, but because more people have recommended that website which may include their friends or family either directly or through social signals. Additionally, websites that are socially linked have high conversion rates together with enhanced brand awareness and better brand loyalty.
All these contribute highly in getting more positive reviews through socialsignals.
Social media is rapidly growing at a very fast pace and consumers look to social signs as assured means to avail best products and services. Thus, social signals not only help your website getting high SERP ranking, but also more visits and ultimately revenue.
So what should be your next step?
If your business hasn’t setup a social media presence, it’s the right time to do so. Set up your business accounts and start publishing content concerning your business on social media sites such as Google+, Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and more.
Try to make your social media profiles more easily accessible online. This is major step in towards successfully making use of social signals to influence the SERP’s.
Also, make sure that you integrate social media widgets such as Tweet This, Google’s +1 button and Facebook Like tabs on sites or blogs that you happen to run. Here, the main goal is to acquire as many possible inbound social links pointing back to your websites.
When we talk about social signals, it doesn’t mean that you shift you focus entirely on social media. You require continuing to use content marketing to attract more followers. The main aim of social media is to supercharge content marketing in ways that traditional SEO simply can’t. This is what IDF Digital Marketing Agency is doing for its clients. It listens, strategises and delivers.
Eventually, the best step towards attracting social signals you look for is to put out high quality content, present your site as ultimate destination and deliver value like no other. In fact, SEO tactics have changed, but the game is still the same. Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and others prefer a fresh flow of content that’s frequently shared, voted and likes by social media followers.
High authoritative and quality backlinks still remain a dominant force in determining high SERP ranking. More authority and less dubious quantity is the name of the game. However, Google+1s, Pinterest Pins, Facebook Likes and Twitter tweets are foremost indication of a site’s quality profile, which in turn affect your SERP rankings.
Paying attention on how social signals influence your organic search rankings can only help you in the end.
Share this post using these icons:
- A Quick Guide to IGTV [Infographic]
- How to Create Content Marketing Strategy for Better Engagement on Social Media
- Using social media to spice up your SEO campaigns
- 5 Unique Ways For Social Media Managers to Save Time
- Top 9 Content Discovery & Curation Tools to Manage Social Media
- 6 Tips In Using Your Social Media Networks To Promote Your Business
- Does social media really help my business to grow?
- How to Share Content on Facebook
- 5 Ways to Streamline Your Social Media Business Efforts
- Facebook Local Search Tool Can Boost Your Business Activity