About two weeks ago, I signed up for Plurk (my profile). I liked it, since, in contrast to Twitter, it’s easy to follow conversations. Te-Ge just published a great intro to Plurk: 10 Minute Guide to Plurk.
And only yesterday, Steven Humphrey invited me to a new social network called Fast Pitch.
I signed up to see what it was and immediately received an invitation to join a group. Few minutes later, a second invite was sent to me. I still have to investigate this one.
So how about you. Can you still follow all developments in social networks?
Photo Credit: prakhar
Below are some interesting links that possibly make it easier for you to follow what’s going on.
At Marketing Pilgrim, Janet Meiners writes about Men More Likely to be on LinkedIn, Flickr. She gives an interesting overview of several social network sites divided in age groups. And of course she also tells you where women hang out most.
Liz Strauss has an interesting post. What can you do with 1,000 friends at Facebook when your car breaks down?
My good friend Willie Crawford, who is always looking at the practical side of things, published an outstanding post, explaining how you can market your products and services on Twitter.
In this post, Willie also gives away a free ebook on How To Bookmark Effectively For Massive Free Website Traffic. You can, although it’s part of a GiveAway event, download it completely free and even without giving your email address, but if you are smart, you may sign up for more interesting advice.
Furthermore, I’ve read some very good advice from Jeremiah Owyang about Build Your Network Before You Need Them, the real essence of building a social network.
And did you know that the secret behind long lasting relationships is reciprocity – returning calls? The more often you call each other, the longer your relationship. That’s the outcome of a recent study that Maki uses to explain relationships in online social networks. That’s an interesting read (as always with Maki).
Finally, if you want to know which social networking sites are the most visited according to Alexis, read Jack Humphrey’s Top 10 Social Sites By Alexa Ratings.
Have fun reading.
Let me know what you think.
Post your comments below.
Share this post using these icons:
- How to Create Content Marketing Strategy for Better Engagement on Social Media
- Using social media to spice up your SEO campaigns
- 5 Unique Ways For Social Media Managers to Save Time
- Top 9 Content Discovery & Curation Tools to Manage Social Media
- 6 Tips In Using Your Social Media Networks To Promote Your Business
- Does social media really help my business to grow?
- How to Share Content on Facebook
- Understanding Social Signals To Influence Your SEO
- 5 Ways to Streamline Your Social Media Business Efforts
- Facebook Local Search Tool Can Boost Your Business Activity