Inbound marketing to some is a new buzz word within the internet marketing industry.
However, the actual tactics implemented within this method of marketing are similar to any other form of internet marketing.
It’s an amalgamation of all the techniques enforced by firms in order to acquire more traffic to their site.
Social media is now playing a bigger part than ever, as it is an easy way to share content to a niche audience. Here I will divulge six tips on how a business can further the effectiveness of their inbound marketing campaign:
- Search Engine Optimization
This phrase is consistently frowned upon as it is associated with black hat techniques and manipulation of the search engine rankings.
However, this is still vital to the success of anyone’s online marketing campaign. Search engine optimization makes your content much easier for the search engines such as Google to find.
In order to incorporate this in your marketing campaign, you should conduct a keyword research and then focus your content around a particular keyword. This means more people will actively search for your content as it is associated with the keyword you have targeted.
Guest posting is the process of submitting your content onto another site. This content will contain 1 to 2 links leading back to your website. This will then mean your content is directly linked to your website, and then you can get link juice from the site your article is on.
When guest posting remember a few things:
- Keep your content original and engaging
- Only post on sites relevant to your niche
- Do not overuse a particular anchor text ensure you use general keywords, long tail keywords and URLs
A guest posting campaign is a time consuming method to implement. You need to constantly create new content and get it published on different sites; many firms opt to use a guest posting service as this ensures your content is written and published efficiently.
- Making Goals
As with any marketing campaign you need to set clear goals and targets. Carefully identify a few aims and objectives. Use your objectives as short term goals, a means to complete your objective.
- Aim – More online presence – Objective – 10 guest posts per month.
- Aim- More referral traffic – Objective – 30 tweets and 30 Facebook messages.
These aims and objectives need to be SMART. Take the first aim for example!
- Specific- It is clear that in order to achieve a better online presence you need to complete more guest posts. Here you have exactly identified what is required in order to complete this.
- Measurable- The best aspect about online marketing is that it is extremely measurable. All metrics are traceable using analytics and other tools. Always ensure that there is some way to measure what you are doing. Taking this aim as a case, you can easily trace how many guest posts you have completed. The metrics are clearly traceable in this case because we can check how much traffic has come from a particular post and the increase from start to finish.
- Achievable – You need to consider if the objective in a particular campaign is achievable. Is it realistic that you will be able to complete the specific objective? In this case 10 guest posts would be very achievable.
- Realistic- This is very similar to the previous point, you to be a realist. Make your objective possible, take into account your resources. For example, do you have enough content coming from your copywriters in order to achieve your aim?
- Time – as with any campaign it needs to be done on a time scale. Try to set weekly targets to make it easier to achieve the monthly targets.
Photo Credit: Gavin Llewellyn
- Email marketing
Every aspect of internet marketing can prove critical to the success of your campaign, in this case email marketing. Email marketing has the power to consistently inform people of new deals and changes to your website.
This takes your present contact list and automatically informs them of whatever you would like it to. This tool is very useful for inbound marketing because it means referral traffic can be sent to your site.
However, for this to be a successful method you need to make the message attractive and eye catching. Remember that your customers or potential clients will be reading through emails all day, therefore you need to make certain it adds value to their day, why would they click on your link?
When implementing your email marketing campaigns remember:
- Moderation is crucial, do not pester your customers with constant emails, and only send out emails which carry value.
- Send out the message when your audience is most likely to read it. For example, research revealed that Tuesday and Wednesday are the most likely days your customers will read your content.
- Avoid the spam filters- in order to achieve this you should avoid using words such as “Free” and “Save”, these are very generic phrases that numerous firms will use. This means it will get flagged as spam and consequently deleted.
- When attempting to maximize click rate do not incorporate banners and spam. Try to make the URL bold and highlighted; research has reflected this and the results were an increased click through rate.
Taking these factors into consideration can ensure your email campaign is much more effective. Driving traffic is one of the sole reasons for email campaigns; here it can be combined with promoting your content marketing efforts.
For example, when you have submitted a new guest posting article, let your customers know, if it is relevant and provides value to them then it will increase the traffic going to that page.
- Pay Per Click Campaigns
Pay per click campaigns are one of the most effective ways to gain your site convertible traffic. Due to remarketing; remarketing enables ads to target a relevant and interested audience according to their search results. This means your ad will be presented to an audience who has interest in your product making them more likely to convert.
Here are a few tips on how to create a PPC with a higher chance of conversion:
- Use Google keyword tool to highlight keywords that are more searched for and relevant than others. Then you can incorporate them in the campaign. This will mean that the ad will show up when someone searches that key term.
- Include the price and promotion in the ad, as this is concise and will immediately grab a potential customers attention.
- Write a compelling ad – this means it is relevant to your audience for example if it is to 14 to 16 year olds, younger jargon could be necessary.
- Keep it relevant – keep your ad and landing page relevant. It needs to deliver the promise of your advertisement.
Whilst PPC is an important method to use, it is a difficult approach to master. Ensure you thoroughly research all avenues.
It is crucial to measure your metrics when it comes to any campaign as it indicates what methods are working and those that are not.
In order to evaluate your metrics you can use Google Analytics as this will reveal a variety of different factors such as visitors to your page, from what URLs, the page bounce rate and average length of page visit.
All of this information can prove pivotal when conducting an inbound marketing campaign as it informs you where your traffic is coming from.
Google Analytics can help you for a variety of reasons:
- Tracking online campaigns – One of the primary reasons for the design of Google analytics is to track keyword and email campaigns. This then allows you to evaluate and modify campaigns.
- Shows you where your visitors are coming from – without the help of a tool such as this it would be extremely difficult to source where the customers are actually coming from. It allows you to pin point exactly where your traffic is from.
- Keeping your most successful campaigns- by keeping your campaigns that were successful it can demonstrate to you what works and how it works. You can then implement these methods into current campaigns.
- Create better content – It allows you to evaluate what page are getting traffic and what pages are ineffective. You may realize that optimizing the page will make the content achieve much more traffic, and then you can make changes accordingly.
Share this post using these icons:
- How To Win In Content Marketing The Way Trump Did
- Why Brand Style Guides Are Important
- How to Do Curation Effectively and Easily
- Security Tips for Internet Marketing
- 5 Cogent Frequently Asked Questions About The Post Script
- SEO on the Go: How to Get Ready for the Google Mobile Friendly Update
- 3 Ways to Force Google to Reindex Pages for Mobile Friendly Tags
- The Top 4 C’s of Potent Content Marketing
- 3 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Your Ideal Audience Yet
- How to Use the Power of Webrooming for Your Retail Business