Only few marketers promote big ticket items.
Most of us just compete on price! You may be one of them. It’s not your fault, because the Net offers the opportunity to reduce costs and expenses and to work fast for low production costs. Hence lower prices.
Another reason we sell low priced products to our visitors to get them into our sales funnel using a low threshold. Once they’re there, we try to sell them higher priced products by building trust and confidence, so they follow our recommendations.
So, why would we try to promote big ticket items then?
Well, there are some advantages like:
- Promoting big ticket items isn’t that much different from selling low priced products. It’s the conversion that’s more difficult.
- You make more money. If you follow the tips above, it’s easier to sell 100 items of 999.99 dollars than selling 10,000 products for $9.99.
- The back-end also consists of high-ticket items and remember: your customers are already used to that.
- High ticket items almost always tend to have a high perceived value. If someone is looking on the Net for a high ticket item, they will find many that provide them the world.
- Much less competition. As I stated above, not many marketers are promoting these kind of products, so it’s easier to stand out of the crowd.
- Less customer service. Your customers asked most questions up front, so they already know what to expect. Hence you may expect a lot less refunds.
Photo Credit: FaceMePLS
Big ticket items are products that people won’t buy impulsively. The price range is different for each person, but it’s fair to state, that they are well over a couple of hundred dollars.
Before buying big ticket items, your visitor wants to know every detail of each benefit that the product will deliver. She’s quite busy comparing these benefits, as well as the prices and bonuses. It takes a lot of convincing and persuasion before she will finally part with her cash.
That’s because she’s making a decision, which in itself already is a difficult process. Since there’s a lot of money involved that she can spend only once, this one may be even harder. She wants value for her money.
The more you can help her to create that value, the better you will convert. Any extra information you can provide is helpful and that, in contrast to your sales funnel system, is how you build trust and confidence.
That’s crucial in the promotion process. Your visitors must be confident that they’re dealing with a real person that is trustworthy. Excessive sales talk may be considered as hype and makes you incredible.
The least you should do is list your private email address, so interested people can ask you questions. Better is to list a telephone number.
Even better is to offer extra product information in exchange for their email address. Thus you will build a list through which you can reach them over and over again.
But you’re still a small fish in the pond. That’s where affiliate programs come in. Big ticket items are often offered by big companies. They will help you build trust and confidence, in the first place by just being a big company.
If you are able to send very targeted traffic to their offers, you may make a lot of money online.
So, why don’t you promote high ticket items through affiliate programs?
If you want a head start, then here’s a ridiculous low priced (no pun intended) resource that you can use immediately. Over 50 big ticket items with payouts range from at least $100 all the way up to $10,000 and everything in between.
Let me know how you’re doing.
Post your comments below.
Share this post using these icons:
- Smart Amazon Affiliate Uses These Tips To Explode Commissions
- What It Takes to Become an Affiliate – Does Affiliate Marketing Really Work?
- Affiliate Marketing and How to Avoid Scams
- Make money affiliate marketing a winning strategy?
- How to Choose a WordPress Theme for Your Affiliate Marketing Blog
- Choosing Affiliate Programs for Passive Business
- RAPBank, Affiliate Directory for Instant Commissions