PDF files are almost always read using the Adobe Reader.
The download is free, but it’s a huge file (16 Mb) and installation takes some time.
Also, if you click any pdf-file, it takes a while for the Adobe Reader to load, because it loads many plug-ins which you may not need.
Now there’s a great alternative to this.
It’s called Foxit and it’s small. The download size is less than 1 Mb, so it’s quick.
Foxit comes in a zip file. Just unzip it into a directory and double click the exe to run it.
I like this pdf reader very much (although at first it’s a bit strange to see Foxit instead of Adobe in your task bar).
Foxit is lightning fast, very easy to use and has almost all the features of the Adobe Reader.
Best of all, for me, is that it opens links in Firefox.
Foxit PDF Reader runs on Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/2003.
Click here to download your copy of Foxit PDF Reader.
Please use the comments link to let me know what you think of it.
Foxit also has an Editor for only 99 US$. I haven’t used it yet. Any comments on this one?
Share this post using these icons:
- A Budget Marketer’s Guide to More Efficient Data Organization
- Cost of smartphone app development
- Top 5 Marketing Automation Tools You Should Be Aware of
- Invoicing Made Easy: Collect Your Money Faster Than Ever with Invoicing Software
- 4 Basic Steps for Setting Up a Shopping Cart on Your Website
- Using Your Own E-Commerce Services To Have More Control
- The Coolest Tech Tools for Your Small Business
- 5 Free small business resources every owner should use
- Website Speed Test: faster than 97% of all tested websites
- Facial Recognition Software and How Marketers Can Utilize It